Thursday, July 14, 2011

Daybook for July 14, 2011

For today, Thursday, July 14, 2011

Outside my window... From inside the house, it looks gorgeous. The sky is blue and there are just a few puffy white clouds. After quickly checking a weather stats, I'm surprised to report that it's only 91 degrees, with 39% humidity, 

I am hearing... the hum of the air conditioner and the dog sucking her teeth. My life is SO glamorous.

I am thinking...  about what to make for lunch.


I am thankful for...children who, although they are growing up much too fast, have reached the age where they'll let me sleep in.  


I am wearing... a black knit skirt and purple top.


From the learning rooms... even though we're on our summer break, we're working consistently to maintain and strengthen fundamental skills. One thing that has been both fun and beneficial is a little CD called Sequencing In A Flash. It helps improve memory and concentration by having you reproduce random strings of numbers, in both visual and auditory modes. 
I am creating...new routines around the house. Hopefully this will soon translate into some free time to scrapbook and cook!  


Pondering these words... "
A mind, like a home, is furnished by its owner, so if one's life is cold and bare he can blame none but himself." --Louis L'amour



From the kitchen... Last night we spontaneously had friends over for dinner, and it was so much fun. Tonight it's just going to be the four of us and some chicken. I need to flesh that plan out a bit, obviously. Some fresh corn sounds really good, but a trip to the store sounds really not good. 
Looking ahead this week: We're meeting my niece and nephew at a Children's Museum about halfway between our place and theirs. Should be lots of fun! Scott also has the afternoon cleared on Sunday to watch the soccer game. 

Saw this cake on Pinterest and made it for Will's birthday. It was cute and it was yummy, but y'all!!! Too much sugar!!

No comments: